Create your own weather report
♪ I get all the news I need on the weather report —Paul Simon ♪
When you have news to share with people—whether it's good news, bad news or something in between—it can sometimes suck to have to tell the details over and over again.
Now you don’t have to. Fill out our form, hit submit, and get a private URL that you can email to your people (or, if you prefer, your "peeps"), or share on your social networks.
Some things you should know about creating a weather report:
- This is a test. Well, sort of, anyways. It's our very very early release, and we're kicking the tires. Get in touch if something doesn't work for you.
- When you hit "Create my weather report," our form checks to make sure that you're human, and then saves your content to our server. See the FAQ for more info on our method. Then you'll be given a unique link that you can share with others. Treat that link like a password, because it's like the password to your report.
- Anyone with the link will be able to view your weather report. There are no indexes of reports; there is no way to search for or randomly discover any weather reports.
Technically, we as server admins could also read your reports right now, but we need you to know: We're not. The only time we will is if we do data analysis in the future, which you can opt-in for when you create your report.
- To be on the safe side: Forms on websites can sometimes be finicky; there is no auto-save function here, nor is there a way to save the form and come back later. If your weather report is long, consider writing it on your computer first, and then copying and pasting your work into the form.
- No HTML or any other fancy code is allowed; if the little gnomes that live in the server find some in your report, they'll clean it out before saving it.
- You won't be able to edit your weather report once you've created it. :-/ You can create a new report to give updates on previous reports and/or to share other experiences and news. If, for some reason, you need a report deleted off the website, please email us its link to email@example.com. Note that it can take us 24-48 hours to respond to deletion requests, because we're human.
© 2015 the weather report by emotion technology, lux digital and coach phoenix
thanks to anselm for writing the code we needed to get going. <3